Places to Have Your Reunion
• Pebble Lake Golf Course – food and beverages provided by the restaurant; no seating inside (tent rental options are available); contact Josie at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bigwood Event Center – just getting operational again in 2022; contact Justin Templeton at email@example.com for availability
• Eagles – 218.739.2523
• VFW – Always have a Friday night meal, but willing to work with reunion organizers for either Friday or Saturday night; 218.739.2697
• Elks Point – the entire space is now enclosed; 218.731.2900 (Tammy Bolstad)
• Grey Duck Grill (attached to the Country Inn & Suites) – relaxed, informal gathering in a restaurant/bar atmosphere; lots of open space for small or large groups; TEMPORARILY CLOSED
• Outstate Brewing Company – indoor and outdoor gathering areas; food trucks; 218.531.1124
• Fergus Brewing Company – indoor and outdoor gathering areas; food trucks; 218.770.3547
*Make sure you contact venues during the planning process so they can be well-staffed for your event!
“Outside” Food Options
Double A Catering – Deanna at 218.998.2281
American Legion – Mary at 218.739.4633
Service Food (boxed lunches) – Brenda at 218.998.9000
Food Trucks – check with your venue for contact information
Music – an individual, groups of people or a band/iPod for dancing
Remember when… (Hall of Fame from yearbook)
Superintendent could speak
Mindy or President of the Foundation could speak
Scanned yearbook pictures put on DVD
Posters of newspaper clippings, pictures, deceased, etc…
A family picnic could be held at a park in the afternoon. You’ll need to call the “Park and Rec” to “rent” a space/shelter – 218.332.5806.
If people want to golf, they can either set up their own tee times or you could reserve a block of tee times by calling Pebble Lake Golf Course at 218.736.7404.
Tours could be taken of the Roosevelt Education Center/Community Arena (the old high school), Cleveland Elementary and/or Kennedy Secondary School (the old middle school). Most tours take place on the Saturday morning of your reunion weekend at 10:00 am and need to be arranged ahead of time.
A visit to the Prairie Wetlands might be fun – 218.998.4480 for their hours or to arrange a tour. Or a walking tour of downtown – contact Chris Schuelke at the Otter Tail County Historical Museum 218.736.6038.
Nametags could be made at Tag-Up, handwritten or on the computer. Some classes put yearbook pictures on them.
Some classes invite teachers.
A list of your missing classmates can be put in the Daily Journal along with reunion details.
Mindy can put all reunion information, registration forms, etc… on the Foundation’s website. If you know the dates and any general information about your reunion, that can go in our winter newsletter (sent out in November).
Memorabilia can be borrowed from the Foundation if interested.
Mindy will be around to take pictures and they will be posted on the website after the reunion.
Address, phone and email updates should be given to Mindy when the reunion is over. Whatever spreadsheet your class has been working off of is great. (It’s helpful if the updates are done in a different font or color.)
The Chamber of Commerce offers a bag full of Fergus Falls info/news/coupons. You’ll have to assemble them yourselves and they need 2 weeks notice. Contact Lisa Workman at 218.736.6951.
Band Option: Curt & Michelle Live Vocal Music Show – Classy, Elegant Lounge Music; firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.400.6023
Country Inn & Suites – 218.739.2211
AmericInn – 218.739.3900
Comfort Inn – 218.736.5787
Super 8 – 218.739.3261
America’s Best Value Inn – 218.739.3311
*If there’s something not on this list that worked well for your reunion, please email Mindy with the details and she’ll get it added to this page. Thanks!