Places to Have Your Reunion
• Tavern 59 (Golf Course) – Friday or Saturday night – has a nice, big deck on the south side; contact Kevin Swenson at Kevin@playpebblelake.com for availability and food options
• Eagles (upstairs) – 218.739.2523
• Bigwood Event Center – good for large numbers of people or small groups; choose from a more formal setting or an informal gathering; email email@example.com or call 218.739.2211
• VFW – Always have a Friday night meal, but willing to work with reunion organizers for either Friday or Saturday night; 218.739.2697
• Mabel Murphy’s (Friday night social) – not a lot of room, but relaxed atmosphere in bar; 218.739.4406
• Elks Point – the entire space is now enclosed; 218.736.4292
• Z103 Bar & Grill – relaxed, informal gathering in a restaurant/bar atmosphere; lots of open space for small or large groups; email Z103@prtel.com or call 218.998.7625
The Bigwood Event Center can do a sit-down, served meal or buffet-style or hors d’oeuvres.
The Eagles and VFW would probably be buffets.
Elks Point would most likely be a grilled entrée with salads and fruit.
Mabel’s would be just hors d’oevures, unless it’s a smaller reunion.
The Z103 Bar & Grill can do a variety of buffets and/or appetizers.
Music-an individual, groups of people or a band/iPod for dancing
Remember when… (Hall of Fame from yearbook)
Superintendent could speak
Mindy or President of the Foundation could speak
Scanned yearbook pictures put on DVD
Posters of newspaper clippings, pictures, deceased, etc…
A family picnic could be held at a park in the afternoon. You’ll need to call the “Park and Rec” to “rent” a space/shelter – 218.739.3205.
If people want to golf, they can either set up their own tee times or you could reserve a block of tee times by calling Pebble Lake Golf Course at 218.736.7404.
Tours could be taken of the Roosevelt Education Center/Community Arena (the old high school), Cleveland Elementary, and/or Kennedy Secondary School (the old middle school). Most tours take place on the Saturday morning of your reunion weekend at 10:00 am and need to be arranged ahead of time.
A visit to the Prairie Wetlands might be fun – 218.736.0938 for their hours or to arrange a tour. Or a walking tour of downtown – contact Chris Schulke at the Otter Tail County Historical Museum 218.736.6038.
Nametags could be made at Tag-Up, handwritten, or on the computer. Some classes put yearbook pictures on them.
Some classes invite teachers.
A list of your missing classmates can be put in the Daily Journal along with reunion details.
Mindy can put all reunion information, registration forms, etc… on the Foundation’s website. If you know the dates and any general information about your reunion, that can go in our winter newsletter (sent out in November).
Memorabilia can be borrowed from the Foundation if interested.
Mindy will be around to take pictures and they will be posted on the website after the reunion.
Address, phone, and email updates should be given to Mindy when the reunion is over. Whatever spreadsheet your class has been working off of is great. (It’s helpful if the updates are done in a different font or color.)
The Chamber of Commerce offers a bag full of Fergus Falls info/news/coupons. You’ll have to assemble them yourselves and they need 2 weeks notice. Contact Lisa Workman at 218.736.6951.
Country Inn & Suites – 218.739.2211
AmericInn – 218.739.3900
Comfort Inn – 218.736.5787
Super 8 – 218.739.3261
America’s Best Value Inn – 218.739.3311